Saturday, April 9, 2011

Hollywood Themed Cake

This cake was for Burlington Day School's auction night. It's a big fundraiser they do every year. I'm so glad they asked me to make the cake. It was a lot of fun! I had to have enough cake for 150, so I did the big 3 tiered cake, and 3 side cakes in chocolate. Everything on the cake is edible except for the sticks holding the sign on top, the pictures and the wires the little stars are on.
The popcorn is made out of mini marshmallows.
Cookie stars.



It was so fun to go and be able to set up the table all fancy. I had to laugh though as I was leaving. The boys had to go with me to set it up and it took me longer than expected. The guests began arriving in formal attire as we were leaving. You should have seen the boys. They had been outside all day and were pretty dirty. We only got a few strange looks! Just a few!

2 comments:

  1. no, they were adorable, as were you! It was great to see you, the cake was delish and great looking...a star-studded combination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aunt Meredith,could i have that cake for my bday this year?I LOVE that cake!!

    ReplyDelete