Thursday, October 21, 2010

10 Years!

Ten years ago today, I married my best friend. But he wasn't always my BEST friend. When we married on October 21, 2000, it seemed sometimes like we barely knew each other. We knew that we were madly in love and that God had put us together. We knew it had to be God's working. After all, what are the "chances" of you meeting the love of your life on a horse ranch in Colorado? And what are the "chances" that he would be a good 'ole Carolina boy that your Mama would be proud to call her son-in-law? Yes, it was definitely God's divine plan for our lives, that we should be together.
So when we first met, Jason looked like this:
Here's a great picture. You can't see Jason that well, but I love this picture.

Here we are at a rodeo the summer we met and fell in love. Check the hats out.


I like this shot too!

So Jason the Cowboy and Meredith the Cowgirl fell in love the summer of 1999. We said a tearful goodbye as I headed back to school that September, we dated long distance until that April when Jason proposed. We were married that fall back home in Alabama.
Here's a picture of us on our honeymoon at one of those dress up photo shops.

We spent our first several years of marriage in the mountains of Colorado. It was a great place to become BEST friends and not just partners in a marriage. It's hard to go running home to Mom when she's thousands of miles away. All we had was each other. I did a lot of growing up in Colorado!
We've been back in North Carolina now for almost 7 years. A lot has happened since moving to NC. Mainly these 2 guys!

It's been a great pleasure to see how God has worked in our lives and how he continues to mold us into His image. Christ has done an awesome work in our lives and our marriage. I can truly say that Jason is the head of our house. He leads us spiritually and provides for us everything we need and want. He seeks Christ daily and strives to always teach our two little cowboys the ways of the Lord. He shepherds a flock here in Ossipee and I'm so very proud of my best friend. Thank you for putting up with me and I look forward to many more years by your side. Happy Anniversary! I Love You!

No comments:

Post a Comment